We strive to make RHD a safer place to work. We believe that keeping our people safe is a sure way to our long-term success as it underpins our relationship with our stakeholders.
At RHD we assess workplace hazards, provide appropriate safety equipment, ensure regular maintenance and inspection, and train employees on their proper usage. We are aware that compliance with safety regulations and promoting a safety-conscious environment is essential for protecting workers’ health and preventing accidents.
In our commitment to reduce injuries to employees and contractors alike, we have taken some safety measures that include:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – safety helmets, goggles, earplugs, respirators, protective clothing, safety harnesses
- Fire Safety Equipment -fire extinguishers, fire , fire sprinkler systems, emergency exit signs and lighting
- First Aid Kits
- Safety Signs and Labels that include signs for emergency exits, hazardous areas, restricted zones, safety procedures, and reminders to wear PPE.
- Safety Barriers and Guards to restrict access to hazardous areas or dangerous machinery. They prevent accidental contact and provide a protective barrier for workers.
- Safety Training and Education: While not equipment in the traditional sense, safety training and education programs are vital for promoting a culture of safety in the workplace. Training helps workers understand potential hazards, safe work practices, and proper use of safety equipment.